Sunday, January 22, 2012

Always taking the time to question

      Days, months, years have gone by.. not even knowing what to do anymore. They are not questions that you ask yourself on a typical Tuesday or ever really. It is the questions you ask when you're planning on turning your life around or taking something out. The questions that we might run into are am I making to right decision?If I do this, will it affect me in the future? These questions come across and sometimes we tend to brush it off our shoulders, almost like a shrug. It makes it ironic because that shrug that we are continuing to make; is almost like a reassurance that we have no idea how to answer.
      The thing that I ran into in the past week: I realized that I have been holding onto something that I am not so sure it is supposed to be there. When I first got a taste of what I was getting myself into it seemed so sweet, bright, and intelligent I couldn't get enough. It seemed though as if made me more knowledgeable, bringing out a piece of me that I thought never existed, or was it just trying to correct me? What I did know is that it made each corner of my mouth turn into a smile, making me hopeful that it is not the same one that I will have to toss. Some time went by and each bump in the road that I came across caused me to question. Does God want me to keep what I thought was given?Was it supposed to be there in the first place? As this one person once told me "Listen to what your brain is saying because your heart doesn't think" My brain is telling me that it is time to throw away what I had, but when I conceive the thought, the smile starts to fade and my heart continues to feel like it is out of place. Then my heart.. It says to hold onto it dearly just as it told me it loved me... dearly. That if I were to let go I would hurt even more if it was gone.  The brightness that it has brought into my life has been a blessing, so if I let it go will I be making the right decision? So many questions that again I cannot answer. Because only God knows these answers, He is the one that planned our lives out, He is the one to know if you are following, not us.

No comments:

Post a Comment